Found this cool idea on Art Attack. It's filed under 3D Sculptures. Unfortunately the kids used the "dreaded" word "ugly" a lot during this project, but I still think it was worth the effort. There were a few of them that the students wanted to take home, but most ended up in the trash. Tsk, tsk....
Directions: (Acquire LOTS of boxes!)
1. Disfigure large box, then tape corners of other boxes on it for facial features.
2. Add torn paper and watered down glue to entire outside of sculpture, and let dry.
3. Outline cubism areas and paint.
4. Add features w/ paint or markers.
5. Add black lines to emphasize the cubism.
This one is awesome! This student really gets cubism, eh?
Here is a "Picasso Duck" on one side and "Picasso Monkey" on the other. Very cute, and it went home with its lovely creator!
Thanks No. Co. Christian High School students.