Are owls more popular now than they were in the 70's? I remember making LOTS of macrame owls back then, hmmmmmm what did all those people do with those macrame owls I made for them Christmas?
My Kinder/1st graders made these owls. Lots of cutting and tracing prep, but it was worth it. Even with all the pre-made parts, it still took two full periods.
Here are the materials that the students received for the project:
2nd Day - Each child received black background paper, grey paper w/ tree branches already traced, 2 yellow eyes, 2 black eyes, 2 feet, 1 beak, 1 moon traced.
Here's the order we used:
1. Traced outlines on owl parts and added feathers and face features with crayon.
2. Painted all owl parts with watercolors.
3. Cut & glue tree parts onto background.
4. Cut & glue owl parts onto background.
5. Glue face parts onto owl.