Wednesday, June 22, 2011

4th of July Flag!

Everybody now! "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandeeeee, a Yaaaaankee Dooodle Do or Die. A real live nephew of my Unnncle Sam, born on the 4th of July...."
Here's a fun printmaking craft for the holiday.
Thanks bunches to Teach Kids Art for sharing this idea for monoprints!
Thanks bunches to my real live neighbor, really named "Sam" who created this awesome "Flag" monoprint below:) Tempera paint on foil. The paint doesn' t have to be too thick.
Draw "backwards" flag with a Q-tip.
After drawing is complete, cover gently with paper. (We used cardstock)
Roll a brayer lightly over the paper, careful not to move the paper around.
Lift paper carefully from both sides at a time.

And KABOOM! Light the fireworks and celebrate 'cause this is one awesome flag!!!

3 comments:

Hope Hunter Knight said...

LOVE the flag monoprint! thanks for sharing!

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

I love this original idea of creating a flag.

Thanks for sharing!

Crafty Mischief said...

I love this so much! I tried this fun craft with my kids and featured it on my blog today (with a link back to you, of course.) Thank you so much for sharing this cute idea!
http://www.craftymischiefbybrittany.com/2012/07/4th-of-july-kids-crafts.html