Monday, November 12, 2012

Inspiring Works?


Hmmmm, which artwork has inspired more art lessons than any other?  
For me, it's Kandinsky's "Farbstudie Quadrate" Concentric Circles.  Closely followed by Van Gogh's Starry Night.  Van Gogh's Sunflowers probably comes in third.  

Which famous artwork do you never get tired of using as a source of inspiration for an art lesson?

The pics here were done by my high school students.  
They used acrylics on heavy paper.  Size 6"x8".




I could look at these all day!!!  Thanks NCCS HS students!

2 comments:

Mrs. Impey said...

Mondrian is another one I use A LOT for my younger grade levels.

Mrs. P said...

I agree with you about Kandinsky--I can find tons of ways to spin a lesson using his concentric circles (as you can see on my blog): watercolors, cut paper, markers, colored pencils. It's my go-to lesson when I need to talk to the children about color or practice a new media. I even created a piece to donate to the PTA based on Kandinsky thinking lots of other people might want to enjoy his work. Thanks!
Mrs. P. (www.createartewithme.blogspot.com)