Friday, October 19, 2012

Colors & Shapes

Whew!!! Finally posting.......too many plates spinning these days, can you relate????

My 2nd graders did this lesson last week.  I thought it was successful and I love the clean simple aspect of the colors on black.

First I gave students this white paper which had these shapes already drawn on it.  (note * If I had the kids more than 40 min. twice/month, I'd have them draw their own shapes.)

Then the students cut and glued their white shapes on black background.

Next, the students chose various pieces of colored construction paper and cut out smaller and smaller circles and oval shapes. 






And here is the gorgeous quilt that I saw on Pinterest that inspired this lesson.


This amazing quilt was created by Carol, her artistry is admirable & you'll find her blog HARD TO LEAVE!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this! And Tisha, girlfriend, you NEVER have to justify using pre-cut or printed shapes! We all do it, even the ones who are holier than thou do it! Don't let the haters hate! Great project!


:)Pat

Tisha Smith said...

Pat, Thanks for the ever so necessary reminder that I don't need to apologize for short-cuts in my lessons!! Was once stung by a commenter, years ago on my blog, and it bothered me way too much. Your reminder is RIGHT ON & reminds me to be the way I want to be.

carol said...

Mrs. Smith, I am so honored that you used my quilt for inspiration. You are the 2nd art teacher to do so and it makes my heart sing! Please tell your students that they did a beautiful job!