Thursday, October 1, 2009

What Kids Say........

APPLEBY MAGNA SCHOOL 1934Image by theirhistory via Flickr

Kids get excited when they see me walking around campus with my big canvas art bag and boxes of supplies. I'm an artist-in-residence, so that means I'm only teaching art at the schools on "special" days. The children see me and know that someone is having art that day, and if I had a nickel for everytime a child asks, "Mrs. Smith are we having art today?" well......let's just say I'd have a lot of nickels.
Anyway, usually that question is what I hear all day long when I'm on a school campus - except for one darling little first grade girl with hair that shows she knows how to make the most of her playtime at recess. Everytime she sees me, she yells, "Mrs. Sniff, Mrs. Sniff, Are we having art today?" (That one is worth more than a nickel, don't you think?!)
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Beth said...

Too funny. I had a kindergarner following me around the room at the beginning of the year yelling "MR BURNS, MR BURNS . . .". I kept telling him it was Mrs. not Mr. He finally got it, and now I kinda miss it :)

Beth said...

oops, Kindergartner

Tisha Smith said...

I know exactly what you mean by "kinda missing it"....we teachers find ourselves "teaching" at every given opportunity - then sometimes we find ourselves missing the cute, naive, funny (wrong) things the kids say. Darned if we do, and darned if we don't situations:)